Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Worst Xmas Songs

From Fay to Z brought out this list of the worst Xmas Tunes (Also read this hilarious article from Baltimore Sun)

  1. Feliz Navidad.
  2. Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney. I’m a McCartney fan, but Christmasmccartney.jpg obviously brings out the worst in his songwriting. And his synths. Listening to this is like having pine needles inserted under the fingernails.
  3. The entire Christina Aguilera Christmas album. Look, the girl can sing. But this record, which I was forced to sit through several Christmases ago, is a festering boil on the buttock of music.
  4. Christmas Shoes by Newsong is, according to Observer features editor Kristin Askelson, who loves Christmas music, “the only Christmas song I HATE, HATE, HATE.”
  5. A Spaceman Came Traveling. Chris DeBurgh is enough of a cretin for inflicting The Lady in Red on the world, but this dreck is almost as bad.
  6. Little Saint Nick. I love the Beach Boys, but their music is summery, not Christmassy, and they ripped themselves off by aping Little Deuce Coupe here anyway.
  7. Alvin & The Chipmunks. I’m sorry. I just can’t stand the voices.
  8. These last three are courtesy of Observer Columnist Jim Pettit. They are the songs that make him “want to bloody Rudolph’s nose.” First up, Please Daddy, Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas by John Denver.
  9. Carol of the Bells. “Any song with ‘Ding Dong’ in the lyrics has to be bad unless it’s ‘Ding, Dong The Witch Is Dead’ from the Wizard of Oz,” says Jim.
  10. You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch. Jim reckons this may be the worst, “because I change stations any time it comes on.”
  11. And I have to add, sorry to her constituents in Batangas, Vilma Santos's take on "I Saw Mommy Kissing San Ta Clawwws" I will find it in my files and inflict it to all of you.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally like Carol Of The Bells if they're instrumental versions. The one that Trans-Siberian Orchestra does is headbangingly good.

One that annoys me to no end is the cat meowing version of Jingle Bells for what I think is Meow Mix or some other pet food/cat litter ad. What ad exec ever thought that kinda shit was cute?

8:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ditto for Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer. Nice after hearing it ten times but 10 x a day?

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?