Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Word for Today is Parnel

Adam Jacob de Boinod emailed me about his new book, The Wonder of Wiffling. Of course, you would ask, Who? What is whiffling? Of course. De Boinod wrote "The Meaning of Tingo" which I finally got hold of last year. This is about words from other countries which should be used by all because they are so accurate. In his blog, he wrote: "Most of us know a blatteroon , a person who will not stop talking, not to mention a wallydrag, a worthless, slovenly person, and even a shot-clog, a drinking companion, only tolerated because he pays for the drinks." I love that word, shot-clog, because they are so common in my city. Now what about parnel? It means the mistress of a priest. Hey, you might say. Why didn't coin one ourselves when we had too many of these, parnels I mean. O yes. And then researching for parnel, I stumbled upon a nice site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?