Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lao Karaoke

We did not have the big karaoke night as promised for out closing ceremony last night. So the Burmese (or should be Myanmarish), Vietnamese, Laotian, Thai, Indonesian, Cambodian, Malaysian, Chinese and especially the Pinoys were sad that there would be no sing and dance for the final ceremony. The ex-Premier died and there can be no noise whatsoever. The Filipino delegation even prepared a cultural presentation. Actually, I thought of Leah Navarro's Isang Mundo, Isang Sigaw as our song. You know that song. With the chorus of the different I Love You's like J'etaime, Yo te amo, I love you...I thought of incorporating my classmates terms of endearment. So Judy and Chona had a meeting (actually a dinner along Mekong) to talk it out. Turned out we all know the chorus but not the start. So I tried to download the yutyub and the problem was, I was also finishing my final powerpoint so I forgot. When I tried to download it in class, the computer there has no audro so we really can't perform. Then the sad news. I am now spending my last night in Lao PDR. I had three beers (we shared the Tiger) with U Tin, my Burmese classmate. The whole street was so silent because it was the funeral of the old President. As Judy said, if it was our President who died....

2 Comments:

Blogger Pasyon, Emmanuel C. said...

the nights would be filled with song

12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

all the time

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?