Monday, June 02, 2008

Midland and the Sunday Habit

Every Baguio boy knows the Sunday habit. It's not Mass but then, some churchgoers usually go down the steps of Cathedral and get into it. The Sunday habit is reading Baguio Midland Courier, which had been around for 60 years. In reading Midland, you have to start at the end which is the obituary. Young and old, Midland readers read about who died so they can have something to talk about. The problem this Sunday was that, suddenly Midland can not be bought anywhere. Turns out the dealers had a strike against Midland. So the newstands in Session Road and even in SM do not have Midland for sale. I bought one at a barber shop. Midland had their side on the issue in their editorial and even reserved No. 10 of their much-anticipated True of False on the issue. So they are prepared for this battle of wits. Midland increased their price to P12 and the dealers wanted to increase it further. It's a battle of wills. Don't die this week. You may not be read.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Nashman said...

Morbid as it may sound, I felt that I had 'come of age' when the famille asked me to put the Midland Obit ad for one of my grannies. It was as if my opinion suddenly mattered. I now had a vote in the dap-ay.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

at anong isinulat mo: Lovingly Yours? or In Fond Memory

9:19 AM  
Blogger The Nashman said...

I wanted to put "Congratulations to the Heirs of Apo, your inheritance is ready...."

Nga lang, I realised I was not Jamby Madrigal....

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?