Saturday, November 03, 2007

Mr. Cinema


On my way to Abu Dhabi (before going to Hyderabad), I watched "Ocean's Eleven" with Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and "Maltese Falcon" with Bogart and some other Canadian TV shows. On my way back to Manila, I watched "Surf's Up" and "Mr. Cinema." The last has Anthony Wong as a projectionist who was also a leftist who wanted China to rule HK even in the 1970s. He remained a projectionist until the moviehouse closed in 2006, much to the ire of his wife and son played by Ronald. Samson Chiu who directed the Golden Chicken series managed to bring in 40 yeas of HK cinema in the movie as well as the Handover, SARS, Y2K and many collapses of the HK market. Wong reminded me of someone else and it only came to me now who he was: Ricky Lee. Wong and Lee. So apt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?