Monday, July 30, 2007

Goodbye to Newspapers and All That


The American press has the blues. Too many authorities have assured it that its days are numbered, too many good newspapers are in ruins. It has lost too much public respect. Courts that once treated it like a sleeping tiger now taunt it with insolent subpoenas and put in jail reporters who refuse to play ball with prosecutors. It is abused relentlessly on talk radio and in Internet blogs. It is easily bullied into acquiescing in the designs of a presidential propaganda machine determined to dominate the news...
This is Russell Baker in The New York Review of Books. If it was another person, I would have dismissed it. But I read Baker kaya na-tense ako bigla. Read the rest here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The deterioration of newspapers is one unfortunate consequence of the internet. The problem with it is that the public at large is left without a gatekeeper to help filter out the rubbish from the facts.

Although on the other hand, with coming of the age of apologists and propagandists like Anne Coultier and Bill O'Riley, I think I'm best left to my own devices to figure out what's going on in the world today anyway (have I shown my liberal bias much :-)).

2:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

right. You should be a music columnist here in the Phil. I will try to connect you.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Frank,

You can send me details through my email address: volume.addictatgmaildottttcommm
(didn't want spammers to get to it, so I had to be creative).

Johanns

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?