Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Martin's M. Favorite Poems

He wrote: Was going through my old files and found my journal written a decade ago (plus some years), found these great poems I'd like to share with you. Somehow they take on a different meaning now...

I'M REALLY VERY FOND
by Alice Walker

I'm really very fond of you,
he said.

I don't like fond.
It sounds like something
you would tell a dog.

Give me love,
or nothing.

Throw your fond in a pond,
I said.

But what I felt for him
was also warm, frisky,
moist-mouthed,
eager,
and could swim away

if forced to do so.

HOW TO HOLD ON TO IT
by Michael Leunig

Hold on to it like
you hold a day old
chicken.

Hold on to it like
you hold a live fish.

Hold on to it like you
hold a horse.

Hold on to it like you
hold a bowl of soup.

Hold on to it like you
hold a door open for
the queen mother.

Letting go of it is
just as difficult and
shall be dealt with
at some later stage.


I only chose two and Leunig's day old chicken is not OUR day old chicken which we pierce, batter, deep fry then dip in godknowswhatsauceisthatjustimagineittobecholerafreewearepinoysafterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?