Sunday, October 22, 2006

Botero


This famous Colombian painter of obese people has shifted his sights on the Abu Gharib scandal. The figures are still corpulent but this article made us admirers of his artistic mission.
The fact that I’ve done painting with pleasant subject matter doesn’t make it impossible for me to do work on a subject that touched me very much. Fortunately, I’m a figurative artist, and I can speak directly. I didn’t change my style at all. I painted in exactly the same way. I don’t believe you have one style for dramatic things and another for pleasant things. It’s the same style—the same forms, the same treatment of color and composition, the whole thing. The subject matter is the only thing that is different.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For more samples of these works by Botero, see this website:

http://www.revistadiners.com.co/noticia.php3?nt=24663

It's in Spanish, but whether or not you speak Spanish (I don't), the images speak for themselves.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?