Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wag Mong Nilalang Lang si Lang-Lang


Here's an excerpt from Lang-Lang's book;
Professor Angry had given me one of the difficult Beethoven variations to play. "Phrase it delicately," she told me. "Don't play it heavy-handedly." I welcomed her direction. I took up the challenge. I tackled the piece enthusiastically. I practiced it until my fingers ached, until I thought I had mastered it. As I rode to my lesson on the back of my dad's rickety bike through the pouring rain, I heard the piece inside my head. The notes rang out. My fingers motionlessly danced over an invisible keyboard. I didn't see the bicycles, cars, and buses; I didn't see the traffic lights and the throngs of pedestrians. I saw Beethoven's story about finding one's way through a complex maze.
And then things got worse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?