Saturday, February 09, 2008

Chicago Sun-Times Sets up Your Valentine's Playlist

"How F---ing Romantic" by the Magnetic Fields (sample lyric: "What a tacky sunset, what a vulgar moon / Play another charming Rodgers & Hart tune")

"Length of Love" by Interpol ("This could be destiny, sweetheart / I've had no sense of time since we started this thing out")

"To Me You Are a Work of Art" by Morrissey ("I see the world, it makes me puke / But then I look at you and know that somewhere there's a someone who can soothe me")

"Don't I Hold You" by Wheat ("Don't I hold you like you wanna be held? Don't I please you like you want?")

"You're What I Need" by Eric Matthews ("If we try we might just find a new venue / then we'll give the show that no one dares")

"It Looks Like Love" by Josh Rouse ("And just when you stop believing in it / It looks like love is gonna show its face")

"That's When the Ceremony Starts" by the Hidden Cameras ("With a wreath and a sigh and a veil and a thigh / the comfort brief, impure and sweet")

"You're My Flame" by Zero 7 ("You burn at both ends yet still you're fine / You're my flame")

"Familiar Love" by William Shatner ("Sliced apples, almond butter, and feta cheese / Let's feed the dogs and send out for Chinese")

"Digital Love" by Daft Punk ("Last night I had a dream about you / In this dream I'm dancing right beside you")

"Question" by Old 97s (not the crappy Rhett Miller solo version!) ("Someday, somebody's gonna ask you / a question that you should say yes to / once in your life")

"Gold" from the "Once" soundtrack ("And I love her so / I wouldn't trade her for gold")

"Parentheses" by the Blow ("And when you're holding me / we make a pair of parentheses")

"What I'm Trying to Say" by Stars ("I am trying to say / what I want to say / without having to say / I love you")

"Pink Bullets" by the Shins ("We fell in a field it seems now a thousand summers passed / when our kite lines first crossed")

"To Be Alone With You" by Sufjan Stevens ("I'd swim across Lake Michigan / I'd sell my shoes / I'd give my body to be back again / in the rest of the room / to be alone with you")

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personal favorite for me is off There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths: "If a double decker bus kills the both of us/to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die"

BTW, the M's just picked up Erik Bedard from The Orioles. Spring is definitely nearby.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

O yeah, love that song

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?