Friday, January 04, 2008

Taking for Granta

I looked at my Granta collection and counted 64 issues. Three were stolen and five I stole from my friends. One I bought at its real price and the rest at a fraction of their cost from US to Thailand to Booksale and Diplomat. Two I stole from libraries. Granta just published its 100th issue. Everytime I take a trip I always bring one and I read about half of it when I return it. The ones I love are the earlier ones and the ones I hate are those that become provincial (too English). Next to New Yorker, Granta has the biggest effect on my becoming a writer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?