Friday, November 02, 2007

Madeleine Peyroux

I have heard Peyroux sing and I am so awe-inspired. She is a better singer than Norah Jones , I think (because people will crucify me). But it was only during the plane trip from Abu Dahbi to Manila that I got to listen to two of her three CDs. She was a Brooklyn girl who went to Paris to learn Bessie Smith and Billy Holliday. Her "Dreamland" and "Half the Perfect World" were a dream. She is one of the greatest vocal interpreters of this era. Hear her take on Tom Waits' The Heart of Saturday Night" and Joni Mitchell's "River." I mean, if you interpret these unknown classics, you can use Buble to wipe your shoes. Here she is in Careless Love:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?