Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Acceptance Letter

Someone asked me to write his application for a teaching job, here's what I wrote:
 
Prof. 
Chair - Search Committee
University of the Philippines
Baguio, 2600
 
Dear Professor ,
 
Thank you for your letter of August 16.  After careful consideration, I
regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me
an assistant professor position in your department.
This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually
large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field
of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.
Despite UPCB's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in
rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at
this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of assistant professor
in your department this October. I look forward to seeing you then.
Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.
Sincerely yours


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Deany Bocobo said...

Hi Frank,
This is to do with Indigenous Peoples:

Laughable Textbook Errors in Crucial Supreme Court Decisions

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee! Let's compile all the original drafts of letters of this sort that we write for our friends. I still have the draft of the multiple choice letter of application for our other friend.

Grace

11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This letter is for him

1:58 PM  
Blogger The Nashman said...

I just got a rejection letter from the minimum-wage no thinking involved job I was hoping to get.....

Good Timing!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?